Friday, March 30, 2012

Friendship Bracelet Kit

My soon-to-be 12-year-old daughter spent a lot of time last summer making friendship bracelets. So when I saw this adorable Friendship Bracelet kit on Eighteen25, I knew I had to make her one!
I started out with the following supplies:
A craft organizer (Hobby Lobby for $1.99).
 A pack of embroidery floss. I found this one at Hobby Lobby for $16.99-check out all the great colors!
(I used a 40% off coupon-of course!) This one came with flat white plastic floss bobbins.
 Using some cute scrapbook paper, a small 6 x 9 clipboard, 
some ribbon and my laminator.  I embellished the clipboard
 for holding the string together while making the bracelet. 
For the details on the how to, head over to Eighteen25 and download the tag there.
 After I used up all the white plastic bobbins that came with the floss, 
I headed out to Hobby Lobby to get more and found these adorable printed ones! 
 $1.99 for 50! I love the color contrasting.
 This took some time, wrapping the floss around the bobbins. 
But it looks so pretty in the box and will help Sid when she makes her friendship bracelets.
 I added a thread cutter to the box. No need for scissors (and now it's friendly for an airplane ride!)
 With a large elastic or headband, in my case the clipboard and plastic organizer are secure together...
 Time to get busy!
I'm sure you have someone in your life that will like this just as much as Sidney will!
Friendship bracelet tutorials:


3 comments:

  1. I love the papers you used! And those printed bobbins have me wanting to make another one. :) I wanted to ask you something about your daughter's party and couldn't find your email... can you send it to me eighteen25@cox..net? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gift idea Chessa!! I used to make friendship bracelets all the time growing up....I even had my colors organized in the same kind of container but I certainly didn't have a cool coordinating set like this! Your daughter will be the envy of her friends I bet! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Simple Spring Wreath

If you've got 7 minutes and a couple bucks, you too can make this Simple Spring Wreath! You'll just need a couple supplies fr...