Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Rainbow Party

It's hard for me to believe that my baby girl is growing up. A couple months ago when we started planning her party she suggested a Rainbow party, and then changed her mind and wanted a Justin Beiber party. What? No, back to the rainbow idea. 
And then I went crazy pinning ideas all over the place. Here are some highlights from the day.
We hand delivered her invitations. Found these great lollipops at Family Dollar.
She greeted her guests with gumball bracelets. More on that here.
I had so much fun decorating and grabbing some rainbow colored things at the last minute. 
I love the way this balloon arch turned out! It really was pretty easy. I bought one pack of each color of the rainbow (red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple) at Wal-mart. 
I followed this great tutorial at Design Mom, go here for the details. 
One of my favorite blog's is Eighteen25. They have great ideas, fun giveaways and free print-ables. They were actually the ones who inspired me to create my own Subway Art. Check their's out here. The birthday Subway Art was personalized just for the Rainbow party. Thanks again Eighteen25 girls!
Something that I've seen all over Pinterest are these fun Crayon Art.
Each of the girls designed got the chance to design. This so was so easy and so fun. 
Each girl layed out their crayons in a pattern and we helped them hot glue them onto the 8 x 10 canvas.
Using my heat gun (or a hair dryer) we melted the crayons and they slowly dripped down the canvas. A couple of tips, don't hold the heat gun too close to the crayons because the wax will start to splatter.
 Also, it's a good idea to tip the canvas slighty so the wax doesn't rush down the canvas.



These cute little bottles were such a fun addition to all my party supplies (and can be used again and again!) I bought latte's, emptied out the bottles (via my good friends Kate & Shane!) I took the labels off and added oval chalkboard vinyl. I bought the straw off Pick Your Plum (love the deals there!)
This rainbow jello was fun to make (tasted yummy too), even if it took me ALL day. 
Great direcitons here at the Funky Polkadot Giraffe.
Rainbow fruit and cheese with mini Ritz rounds as the pot of gold. 
Rainbow cake and rainbow cupcakes! For the cake I used two mixes and divided the dough into 6th, coloring each one with Wilton's Icing Color Set 
I made this pennant with different printed colored fabric.  
I cut out removable letters that spelled K A T E   I S    E I G H T 

I used my Silhouette to create this 
personalize vinyl label for the their candy buckets (buckets were $1.00 at Target)
 The girls each filled up their buckets with candy from the rainbow. 
Red Michigan Cherries (a family favorite!) Yellow Banana Runts, Orange Slices, Green Gummies (fish, dinosaurs, worms and bears, Blue M&M's and Purple Mike & Ike's. 
Most candy was purchased from Old Time Candy (I highly recommend them - they had everything I needed and I received my candy within a couple days of my order!)
In case you were wondering, the Rainbow tastes yummy!
Everyone enjoyed the little candy bar.
Happy Birthday again to my sweet baby girl!

23 comments:

  1. You went all out! It looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun party!! You did such a great job!! I love all the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Came over from the link party on I Heart Nap Time and am following you now.
    Great ideas, I'm planning a Splatter Paint Party in a few weeks and planning to be very colorful so this gives me some ideas! :)

    http://ambiworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job! You made every detail fit the theme - love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like it was the party of all parties! Great job! I love rainbows too and wish I had a party like this for me! Huggies! Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome party Chessa! I love every little detail! I'm sure your daughter and her friends will be talking about this for a long time! Thanks for all the ideas! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all these fabulous ideas! What a great party!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling party and daughter. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome party!! Love that you even made a rainbow cake, all the details are just wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. every little detail of the party is just perfect. you can tell you put a lot of time into pulling it all together. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! This party is fabulous! I wish I had a little girl to do this for!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute party. I just about pinned everything on Pinterest. Where did you get that darling polka dot vinyl? So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy most of my vinyl at Expressions Vinyl. They have great deals and lots of fun prints. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  13. You really found the pot of gold at the end of the birthday rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Came over from eighteen25 and adore all of this rainbow goodness!!! You did an excellent job! Where did you find the polka dot vinyl?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy most of my vinyl at Expressions Vinyl. They have great deals and lots of fun prints. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  15. Love your rainbow party and special touches! Found you through Pinterest and I'm getting ready to throw my daughter a rainbow 6th birthday party. Do you know if I can get my hands on that rainbow print?? Thanks, Cassie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://eighteen25.blogspot.com/2012/04/rainbow-party.html for the Rainbow Subway Art

      Delete
  16. Great party!!

    QUESTION: Where do you get the rainbow candy on the cupcakes?

    Thanks!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Would you share the subway art or did you have to buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the gumball bracelets. What a great idea. I just made a dragon rainbow party favor. Here is the link:http://wp.me/p1n3qh-qm

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Chessa!

    Sorry this comment comes so late! We absolutely loved your balloon rainbow display and featured it at our blog, Bulletin Board Ideas, as part of our "How Many Ways To Make A Rainbow?" feature!

    Here's the link:
    http://bulletinboardideas.org/6712/how-many-ways-to-make-a-rainbow/

    Just wanted to make sure you were okay with the feature. If there are any problems, let me know [ kayla@tristro.com ] and I will be sure to pull your project from the feature!

    Hope you're having a lovely summer!
    Kayla

    ReplyDelete

Simple Spring Wreath

If you've got 7 minutes and a couple bucks, you too can make this Simple Spring Wreath! You'll just need a couple supplies fr...