Saturday, August 6, 2011

Cottage "Master" Bedroom

Like the rest of the cottage rooms, the "master" bedroom has come a long way. 
And I use the term "master" very loosely. 
This bedroom use to house just one single bed. With three sides of that bed touching a wall! 
And we now have managed to fit a queen size bed in the room. 
As well as a dresser and small bedside table. 
BEFORE:
We didn't do much to this room. We started by clearing it out. 
Yes, window treatments and all!
Painted the room with a fresh pale yellow. 
Added a larger bed with new linens, kept the dresser and painted the little bedside table.

My life-long friend and now across the street neighbor made this special pillow for my birthday! 
We took these family portraits on the beach last summer.
The shelf above the bed is something I made out of an antique headboard.
 If you are a "follower" that you know that I made another shelf like this for my bathroom at home. 
Go here to see it.

 I love the antique looking hardware that you can find at Hobby Lobby-my favorite store!
 At first I didn't really know what I'd hang from the knobs. 
But I think the hat and little sign are just perfect!
 I made several little signs like this and sold them at our community's Country Fair. 
This verse is a great reminder that God continues to call us near to Him. 
I'm so thankful and blessed to have a place where I can come and REST in Him!

1 comment:

  1. Lovin' that cute shelf and that pretty bedcover.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    I’m having an Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Giveaway…hop over and enter…ends at midnight 8/7.

    ReplyDelete

Simple Spring Wreath

If you've got 7 minutes and a couple bucks, you too can make this Simple Spring Wreath! You'll just need a couple supplies fr...