Chair redo via a skirt!

With our recent move, I've decided to makeover each of the kids rooms (imagine picking out fabrics for all three on one shopping trip!) I'm starting off slowly with a couple of things here and there.
 As I was unpacking the hanging clothes I stumbled upon a skirt that I bought years ago
after Katelyn was born. Cute. But I'm just not wearing it anymore.
 Don't you love the lining?! Yes, Gymboree for Women... not sure if there doing that anymore. 
I'm past the Gymboree years.  
The chair has seen better days. This is round two from the beginning of it's life (white with the butterflies... it was time for an update (that's Ginger our cocka-poo, she just had to be in the picture!)
I painted the whole chair black and then recovered the seat with the "fabric" from the skirt. 
This chair is for Sidney's room and we love how it turned out. 
Cost: $0, FREE (had the paint, had the skirt)

Comments

  1. So glad to see you back!! I've missed your cool crafts and decorating ideas! Kudos for the $0 re-do. The "new" chair looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it in the black. What a creative reuse of your skirt... good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this makeover - the fabric is great!
    I once used a dress I had bought in paris - and then put on the advertisement - reupholstered chair - with fabric from Paris lol
    Sold quickly!
    Your newest follower - would love to have you follow back when you have the time
    Hugs
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts