Friday, January 11, 2013

Square Bean Bag Chair

Check out my DIY Square Bean Bag Chair!
It's the perfect addition to my little girls room.
We needed a little reading nook for Katelyn's room and
 I looked all over for something. I couldn't find anything I loved,
so I decided to create something myself!
Here's how I did it:
I started with four cotton fabrics.
AND
White Duck
2 long zippers (about 25" long)
2 1/2 bags of Bean Bag Filler (found them here at Wal-mart).
First I made a plain square out of white duck for the inside layer. I wanted it to be thick and durable. 
I made the square like this (I sketched it out for you!)
The square measuring roughly 30 x 15 for the four sides 
and 30 x 30 for the top and bottom. 
I sewed all the pieces together (making a big square).
Adding the zipper to one of the sides. 
When I was all done I had two squares, one in the duck the other in my printed fabrics.
Wait until you are completely done to add the bean bag filler (I made this mistake and it was really hard to get the cover over the inside square that was full of the little beans!)
It also doubles as a dog bed! I find Ginger taking naps here.
I used some of the left over fabric and re-created the bunting 
on this canopy Katelyn grabbed at a yard sale.
Lot's of reading to be done here.

And a little snuggling with the pooch.

13 comments:

  1. how CUTE!! Selah would love this for her room....maybe it will encourage her to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute! You make it all look so simple! Love the matching bunting and pom pom trim pillow! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice I love your ideas - simple and back to basics . Great ideas.You make it all look so simple!Bean Bag Chairs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fabric you used - especially the polka dots. You clever socks - your daughter must love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    I like your guide. Can I translate it to Slovakia and share on mi web page? Thank,
    Martin

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute! You make it all look so simple! thanks for sharing with us.
    Big Bean Bag Bed
    Furniture Stores In Denver Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great information for these home office design tips for entrepreneurs. Thanks a lot for sharing this post.
    Bean bag

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. eames chair home office

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post. jute bags

    ReplyDelete
  11. The best material for wooden shutters depends on personal preference and ability to meet the cost. There are options for all preferences you may imagine. You need to work with a professional to ensure that your expectations on wood shutters are met. eames lounge chair

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gangaur Realtech is a professionally managed organisation specializing in real estate services where integrated services are provided by professionals to its clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying or investing in real estate. president premium executive reclining office chair

    ReplyDelete

Simple Spring Wreath

If you've got 7 minutes and a couple bucks, you too can make this Simple Spring Wreath! You'll just need a couple supplies fr...