Thursday, December 13, 2012

Grinch Party

I planned a special night at home just for our family and threw a Grinch Party! 
For table decorations I made these Grinch faces.
These were so fun and cute to make. The instructions can be found here.
My inspiration was something I saw on Pinterest. Grinch Pills 
(cause your bound to have someone kinda "Grinchy" in your house this time of year!)
 Head over here for the DIY and the FREE Grinch Printable.
 I set the table with a candy cane stripe runner (used this last year for Candy Cane Lane). Along with some blow-up Christmas trees my sister gave my kiddo's many moons ago. I'm taking them with us to Florida for Christmas, thought we could have some fun with them in the pool!
 Pulled out the chalk board bottle (go here for the DIY). 
They acted as my place card and napkin holder.
I had planned to serve Roast Beef because apparently that's what the Grinch likes to eat... 
but I ran out of time and we ordered pizza.
 Of course we served Grinch Punch (lime sherbert in Sprite) with green sprinkles around the rim 
(I dipped the edge of the glass into water and then dipped it into the green sprinkles)
 And I asked everyone to wear something green.
 Little did I know that these two had matching t-shirts 
(bought them last year after Christmas from Target last year!)
Earlier in the day I had made the dough for these pinwheel cookies. 
I baked them while we were eating dinner.
 I found the recipe here.
While we ate warm cookies and popcorn we watched 
The Grinch (which is on-sale this week at Target!)
And I made up my own Grinch Trivia for the kids to work on while they watched the movie. 
You can download it here.
Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear about your fun and festive Christmas parties!


5 comments:

  1. It's a new Linky Party! Every Friday, share your favorite blog entry of the week and find out what others have been writing about this week! I've made this list a blog hop. So feel free to link this up on your site, too. www.fridayflashblog.blogspot.com.

    I hope you'll join us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun party idea! I thought about doing some Grinch-themed things for my Christmas party, but it didn't work out. Maybe I can still do some of this stuff with my family. I finally bought the movie for cheap on Black Friday. It's a fave of mine!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your grinch themed party!! so glad you liked my grinch. i will have to remember all your fun grinchy ideas next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you made the colorful swirl cookies from my blog! I love seeing others make things!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We should get to know, how to spend holidays. If we didn't know, we can get it from this blog. Here are Air Conditioner Repair in Fort Worth TX, that maintains your cooling equipment.

    ReplyDelete

Simple Spring Wreath

If you've got 7 minutes and a couple bucks, you too can make this Simple Spring Wreath! You'll just need a couple supplies fr...