The most creative things happen after hours, right?!
I made the girls t-shirt for their Valentine Parties at school...
and I started on them at 10:00pm the night before.
The t-shirts were pretty simple.
- cut strips of 1" of fabric
- sew a couple lengths together for a full heart
- gather the fabric strips by stitching along the center of the fabric
- pull the gathers evenly together
- pin on the shirt in your desired pattern (in this case a heart)
- stitch over the gathers all the way around the design
For this shirt I just did a small heart with just one length of the fabric
After I finished the t-shirts I realized I had to have a couple little treats for the bus driver, art teacher, etc...
so I wrapped valentine scrapbook around a Hershery bar:
And around a raspberry Ghirardelli's added some ribbon and a valentine greeting.
The first grade class made these cute little mice as their craft at their valentine party today.
I thought I'd share the idea with you:
The directions & tutorial can be found at Fly Through Our Window.