Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Valentine's Mantle

My Valentine's mantle is complete. It really is appropriate for any time of the year. 
My theme comes straight from the Word:
 LOVE from the Father and his commandment for us to LOVE one Another.
 I added two new pieces since my last post. I had plans for a couple more too, and then I realized that Valentine's Day is less than a week away! I guess I'll work on those for next year.
 I created this little 5x7 "Oh How HE Loves us" canvas in only a couple of minutes!
 First I painted the canvas red. Add white vinyl letters and a ribbon around the edge. So simple!
What a great reminder for everyday, OH How HE Loves US!

My next project was inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest. 
I found all the supplies among my craft stuff! Yeah! I gathered some red buttons...
 Wrapped a 5 x 7 canvas in burlap (you know how I LOVE burlap!)
 Stapled around the edges (don't worry, I cover those staples!)
 Created a heart template so I'd get the basic shape when adhering my buttons.
 I used regular tacky glue for each button (no picture of that part-but you get the idea!)
And then I added ribbon around the edges using glue dots.
I love the combinations of textures and colors.
 Don't ever forget:
 John 13:34 "Love one another"
 Happy Valentine's Day!

8 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love the "how He loves us sign!"

    I would love for you to share at my Valentine Link Party! A winner will be chosen and receive a mystery box from PYP! Hope to see you there!

    http://www.cherishedbliss.com/2012/02/14-days-of-love-giveaway-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything is just perfect. i love the ribbon added to the sides of the canvas... such a great finishing touch. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your canvases. Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chessa- your mantle looks awesome. Love the vinyl letter canvas! Definitely words to remember all year long! And I have that button card pinned too! I had planned to make a shadowbox framed with the buttons but know I'm never going to get to it for this year...maybe next year! I love the burlap on that one too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the name of your blog... and your tagline. I can relate.

    I host a Home and Family Friday linky party. I'd love it if you'd link up your project.

    becca-homeiswheremystorybegins.blogspot.com

    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your beautiful mantel is in the top 10 from the 14 days of love link party! Stop by and vote and send your friends ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just "stumbled" (don't believe in coincidences myself!) onto your blog and I must say that I LOVE your craftiness!!! I've already "pinned" several things and I LOVE your Valentine's Mantel and especially love your "Oh How He Loves Us" canvas. I mean I truly LOVE it! Thanks for sharing your craftiness!! And I'm now following you on Pinterest, too!! God Bless you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Your Mantel won the 14 Days of Love Link Party Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Simple Spring Wreath

If you've got 7 minutes and a couple bucks, you too can make this Simple Spring Wreath! You'll just need a couple supplies fr...