Etching

Your family's probably a lot like mine. 
For years we've gone around the table and everyone says what they are thankful for. 
A couple years ago I mixed it up a bit and had family members right down their "thanks" and I included a couple Bible verses on Thankfulness. 
So for this year, I made a special jar that incorporates this tradition.
I cut several strips of paper in various colors. 
Added a small binder clip and attached it to the ribbon to keep it the pieces of paper together.

Here's a little picture tutorial of how I did the etching:
Start with something glass with a clean and clear surface. 
For this plate, I'm going to etch on the back.
 I used this Armour Etch cream. I'm sure there are other out there.
I created a stencil with vinyl and my Silhouette. 
You could use contact paper and cut out your own design.
 Because I'm doing this on the back of the dish, I cut out my stencil backwards or as a mirror image.
 Apply a thick coat of the etching cream and follow the directions on the bottle 
(5 minutes in the case of Armour Etch). Wipe off with a wet paper towel.
Finished product!
My friend Kate and I etched all sorts of things last week:
What are some of your Thanksgiving traditions?

Comments

  1. Glass etching is so much fun isn't it?? Your projects look great! Did you know you can use stamps too? TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts