Thursday, June 2, 2011

Flip Flop Fantastic

I love summer. I love the heat. And I love wearing flip-flops! 
I wanted to jazz-up a plain pair of black flip-flops. 
Which turned out to be super easy. 
Here's how I did it:
I bought some fun ribbon at Hobby Lobby. 
Mine is a black lace with tiny square black sequence. 
Ribbon & plain flop-flops I measured the length of each side of the strap and then cut my ribbon double the mesured amount. I grabbed some black upholstery thread. And a big needle. And then I went to work sewing the ribbon onto the flip-flop strap. I scrunched the ribbon as I sewed along. You can also stitch along the middle of your thread (with the sewing machine on the longest stitch) and gather up the thread that way. 
I love the completed look!

7 comments:

  1. so cute...think I have a pair of tired old flips I could totally update...I like this so much better than all the rhinestones...they inevitably fall off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flipflops adorned with sewn on buttons and ribbons are very popular here in the UK at the moment and I have been planning to jazz up some plain ones this week. Great minds think alike ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sequins too...I`ll have to give this one a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw this on Creative Crate...so dang adorable! I want to do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I embellish all my daughtersn flip flops with bows but this is great for adults too! I need to try this ASAP! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these! They're simple yet chic! :D nice work, thanks for the idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the second blog I've read this week that refers to "Sequins" as "Sequence." Not sure if its a regional thing, or what. But it is endearing nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete

Simple Spring Wreath

If you've got 7 minutes and a couple bucks, you too can make this Simple Spring Wreath! You'll just need a couple supplies fr...